LEAP are currently recruiting for a new Emerging Managers programme beginning in May. As effective management is such a vital component of business, it is crucial that new managers are properly prepared for this role. Emerging Managers is ideal for new team leaders seeking to develop their leadership skills and to understand their new role within the company. Information on workshops and costs of the programme are available in the Emerging Managers brochure. Please click the link below.
Emerging Managers Brochure
The programme will focus on helping new managerial recruits to develop the right set of leadership skills necessary for effective management. The course features dynamic interactive workshops, and also comes with a mentoring service to support individual participants throughout the programme.
Start Date 22 May 2013
What can you expect from this management course?
- Workshop 1 The Role of the Manager
- Workshop 2 Development of Self
- Workshop 3 Producing a High Performance Work Team
- Workshop 4 Effective Communication
- Workshop 5 Managing Time Effectively
- Workshop 6 Attitude and Taking Responsibility
So if you’re looking for a management course that will give you the confidence to set clear goals, achieve objectives and improve the overall performance of the company, then contact us today.
Tel: 091 755736
Don’t just take our word for it. See what others have said about the Emerging Managers Programme.
Woodlands and Forestry Contractor
Wood Works is an innovative employment creation plan. Basically, there are significant employment creation opportunities in the woods. Co. Donegal has over 6000 acres of privately owned forestry and some of the best timber growing conditions in Europe. Thousands of acres of timber is ready for thinning or harvesting and this represents realistic employment opportunities for men in rural and remote areas. With Donegal rural unemployment rates the highest in the country, Wood Works is a viable route to sustainable employment.
The training is offered free-of-charge to eligible candidates (over 1 year on the Live Register), is funded through the Momentum Skills programme, and supported by a variety of local agencies and employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who has an interest in:
- Environmental Protection
- Renewable Energy
- Farm Forestry
- Trails, Leisure & Amenity Walks
6 Month Training Course
Wood Works is an intensive 6 month introduction to all aspects of woodland management and forestry employment that includes:
- Expert Training
- NPTC Certification
- International Recognition
- Industry Led
- Jobs Waiting
- Sustainable Forestry Management
- Chainsaw Operations
- Health, Safety & First Aid
- Forest Protection
- Project Management
- Woodland Product Marketing
- Legal Issues
- Forest Codes of Practice & Certification
LEAP: Sonja Stevens/ Maureen Grealish 091 755736
Department of Social Protection: (DSP) 074 9120500
Wood Works: Dave Kenny 087 6786865
Donegal Woodland Owners Society Ltd.: Thomas Becht 087 262 5590
To download the WoodWorks Programme Brochure click here(PDF)
LEAP, the leadership and management development experts, and Eukon training and business consultants, will be facilitating training as part of the initiative on the Momentum Graduate Activation Programme (GAP).
This programme is targeting those of you who have third level qualifications, skills and experience, but who are currently unemployed. Here is an opportunity for you to join a programme specifically designed with you in mind.
What is GAP?
GAP is a ‘Conversion to Business’ Programme for unemployed professionals being run in conjunction with the Department of Social Protection (DSP).
The Business Management Training Programme
- A 10 week Business Management Training Programme, with FETAC Level 6 Certification
- Motivation & Teamwork
- Organisation Analysis
- Leadership Management
- Interview Technique and CVs
- Self Analysis
- Customer Care
- IT – Digital Marketing, Computer Training
- Selling and Presentation Skills
- Commercial Awareness – Cost, Profits
The programme also includes:
- A Comprehensive Career Analysis
- A Placement in a company for 20 weeks
- An agreed supported work programme while on placement.
- Mentoring and Technical Support from Business Managers/Trainers
- General and Social Support throughout the propgramme
Requirements for the Momentum Graduate Activation Programme
There is no charge for this programme but to qualify for the GAP, applicants must:
- Have third level education
- Have experience in the workplace (eg Summer/weekend work)
- Have good communication skills
- Have basic computer skills
- Be one year or more on the live register
- Be under 25 years
Maureen Grealish, business advisor & LEAP partner
Tel: 091 755736